Saturday, February 11, 2012

An Earthquake that Changed Everything

I was on the 5th floor administering the entrance level test with the regular students (these are the students who come here in the Philippines alone - different from university students who come here by GROUP). I had just finished my interview with the regular students and arranged the chairs and tables so that Mr. Leon won't be shouting at me. Otherwise, I would yell at him as well if he did that to me.

Suddenly, I felt the floor shaked a bit and I thought students were running to go down because it was nearly 12:00 noon and when I went out, students were freely walking on their feet as I approached a student who stayed nearby AVR5 and I noticed some students and teachers were walking fast and I couldn't grasp what was happening then. When the student asked me "Is this an earthquake?", I suddenly rushed to my feet as I answered her "YES!" and immediately ran off to the stairs where everyone's faces panicked because the whole floor was shaking to its soul and I wasn't aware or totally forgot as I would say that I left my things (cellphone, money, book and test papers) to AVR 5.

With my hands and feet shaked to its bones,I could feel the whole building danced in its rhythm as I approached the ground floor. I saw people running on the stairs and good thing they weren't screaming at all..

When I reached the safe ground, I realized that things were really different. It was a "not-so-good" thing to do especially people were running downstairs and pushing each other just to be the first in line. Our General  Manager was so furious that he reprimanded some people in the office because of the misbehaviour of the teachers and students. Was it our fault? Duh!

And that was it. That was the earthquake that changed my viewpoint in life, my feelings..all!

Too bad can't get rid of the tremor easily..

February 6,2012..that thing changed me.




No comments: